...enjoying foods and drinks of life.

...enjoying foods and drinks of life.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

CaKes .:45 to 49 kg case:.

Hulalla!
haha...you guys just got to see my blogs 'bout cakes n foods..
hahaha..why?..cause those who knows me better will know that I'm not so fond on cookings. But interestingly so fond of 'EATING'..yeah!

My interest in cakes arouses when I stayed with my present housemates, Kak Fred n Kak Mas.
They are some masters in cooking. They love to cook everything: from lauks to cakes..
Some of their specialties I've enjoyed so much is pucuk ubi, ayam panggang in oven, chicken curry, chicken kurma, and various2 other more that i can't even count.
Cakes are their specialties too. It was on this recent Raya Days that i've tasted 'Heaven'. That's when they made all these different kinds of deliciously steamed cakes..Love it! Love it! Love it!


This is Kek Arang. or other names people might call it..
What ever name that is, love this. This is made by Kak Masniza. It taste great. Berlemak. whew! once u tried, you'll want more.






As green as it looks, it is as green as its name. Kek Pandan bah ni...
Same like the above. Berlemak and is a sweet thing. With pandan's smell, beckoning anyone who took its smells from far. Made by Kak Fredda.






This is Kek Batik. Cikgu Siti made this. It's as heavenly as those two above. But she puts a pinch of nescafe in it. I might've love it more if she made it purely in chocolate.








Cikgu Siti made a chese cake too. Don't tell my housemates but that cake was my favorite on that open house that day. Not that I have a very sensitive tongue to judge but because i love CHEESE. In fact any dairy product is my fondness. Hehe...

Cheese Cake
1 bar philadelphia cheese
1 tin susu junjung
2 Salted cheese crackers

Hancurkan cheese + susu junjung + 2 spoons of butter.
Put 1 layer of crackers to your bekas then 1 layer cheese on top of it. Remember, crackers must be soaked in susu junjung first. That is to soften them. Do this again and again to make 10 - 20 layers of cheese and crackers. Then put in a freezer for about 5-6 hours. N then enjoyyy....FYI this cheese dessert is one of my favorite in the mean time...yea..

I've tried making one of my own cheesy cake on my own. (well, of course under the supervisions of our Master Cook Fredda hehe..) I didn't use salted cheese crackers. Instead I used Marie's. It was as good as the cakes which Cikgu Siti has made.
Well, it certainly got my 'trademark'. EXTRA CHEESE and less sweetness. YA-A-AWW! I'm drooling just remembering how it tasted...I know I'm goin' to do it again on this coming christmas...so you guys are welcome on our open house this December... MERRY CHRISTMAS in advance ya'll...:)

Other than cakes, there's also a pie. It's Kak Fredda's recipe. Called Chicken..umm i dont remember pie.hehe..in it are mashed potatoes, mushrooms, chicken and cheese. And some veges. Its smells so good and taste good too...
O my gosh you guys are so rugi cause you are not there to try it. Don't worry I've seen how she made it. So I'll probably put this on christmas's open house menu...











So this is it for now. I love to eat but is a terrible cooker. They say la...
But I don't know...cause there's some friends says that my cooking is boleh tahan juga. Cause I love it simple but full. Simple to cook but full in flavour. Those who have tried knows what I mean. And they might look at me twice whether to tell I'm lying or not bout me. A terrible cooker. (at least that's how I see myself)...

No comments:

Post a Comment